- Studies at University of Münster, BPP Law School London and Harvard Law School, INSEAD Business School (Strategy) und UC Berkeley (Computer Science)
- 2002 – 2009 Ashurst LLP, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (London, Frankfurt/Main, München)
- 2009 – 2010 Partner with Taylor Wessing (Düsseldorf)
- 2010 – 2018 Partner with Allen & Overy LLP (Düsseldorf)
- 2018 – 2020 neufeld Recht. Beratung. (Düsseldorf)
- Since 2020 Partner with ARQIS
Recommendations and Awards
Awarded as “Best Lawyer 2023” (Employment Law, Company Pension Plans, Data Protection Law) by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt.
Leading lawyer for Labour Law, Design of Occupational Pension schemes and Employee Data Protection according to JUVE Handbook, Legal500, Chambers, Who’s Who Legal and WirtschaftsWoche. Member of the Handelsblatt Legal Circle, a platform that connects leading legal minds and breaks down thought patterns.
Quotes from editors, clients and competitors in these publications:
- “communicates very well and is extremely responsive and client-oriented”
- “outstanding expertise” and “very good at international, complex issues”
- “successfully guiding through challenging employment restructurings, mergers and compliance projects (incl. data protection and digital ethics)”
- “efficient”, “clear and concise” in data protection
- “the pensions expert”
- “translates detailed legal knowledge into top advice”
- stands for a consulting approach “that goes beyond pure labor law and encompasses HR issues as a whole”
“Lawyer of the Year 2022 Employee Benefits, NRW” (Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers 2022)
“Excellent” in the category “New Products & Services” for b.yond (Best of Legal Awards WirtschaftsWoche 2021)
“Excellent” in the category “Business Model Innovation and Client-Relationship Management“ for HR.Law by ARQIS (Best of Legal Awards WirtschaftsWoche 2021)
“Thought Leaders – Labour & Employment” (Who’s Who Legal 2021)
- Tobias Neufeld regularly publishes expert papers in books and highly regarded law journals.