Mergers & Acquisitions
We advise our clients on a broad range of M&A transactions – including group internal corporate restructuring measures, cross border mergers and acquisitions, public take overs and joint ventures.
Our main services include particularly comprehensive deal management on sale-side as well as buy-side transactions:
- Comprehensive preparation of the deal (assistance in the auctioning process, offers, preparation of letter of intent and non-disclosure agreement, organisation of the data room, assistance in the Q&A process);
- Full scope or partial due diligence as it is required including bankable due diligence report;
- Negotiation, conception and drafting of share or asset purchase agreements as well as all other transaction documents;
- Assistance in or conduct of the closing process as well as post-closing integration measures.
Our clients appreciate not only our legal skills and experience in handling M&A transactions, but our deep understanding for their commercial challenges, strategic approach and cultural background. Our experience enables us to deal with the different perspectives of international private equity firms, investment banks, multi-national strategic buyers or the German Mittelstand.
Our special expertise is the management of international M&A projects. As part of a strong personal network, our M&A team regularly cooperates with highly qualified local experts in all major jurisdictions across the globe and is able to find the partner best fitted for the particular transaction.
During the M&A process, we are our client’s single point of contact for all relevant legal information from all fields of legal expertise, such as real estate, employment or anti-trust. In addition, we closely coordinate with other advisor teams involved in the transaction in order to achieve the best results for our client. At all times, we act in a time and cost efficient manner.
Big scale investments into infrastructure are necessary not only to realise the energy transition but also to create technological and economic requirements for a modern business location.
Professional investors are prepared to finance those projects both with equity capital and borrowed funds. We advise with great professional competence and much practical experience on renewable energy projects, but also on conventional power plants as well as other infrastructure projects. We help project developers to find the right type of financing and the right financing partners and to sell shares of projects. We assist national and international investors on finding the right projects, while always ensuring a solution-oriented legal implementation.
- Dr. Maximilian Backhaus
- Gloria Bittner-Schützendorf (Legal Specialist)
- Dr. Mirjam Boche
- Thomas Chwalek
- Andreas Dietl
- Dr. Meiko Dillmann
- Dr. Mauritz von Einem
- Prof. Dr. Christoph von Einem
- Elisabeth Falterer
- Kamil Flak
- Dr. Deniz Günal
- Malte Griepenburg
- Eberhard Hafermalz
- Nima Hanifi-Atashgah
- Dr. Lars Laeger
- Johannes Landry
- Dr. Liliia Sagun (Legal Specialist)
- Carolin Schlütter-Lückel
- Dr. Christof Alexander Schneider
- Dr. Jörn-Christian Schulze
- Dr. Gerhard Schwartz
- Dr. Shigeo Yamaguchi