Dr. Thomas Görgemanns
- Legal studies at the universities of Trier and Bonn
- 1997-1999 Attorney-at-Law, Hölters & Elsing (now: Orrick), Düsseldorf
- 1999-2005 Attorney-at-Law, Baker & McKenzie, Düsseldorf
- 2001-2002 Foreign Associate, Baker & McKenzie, Washington D.C.
- 2006-2011 General Counsel, GAGFAH Group, Luxembourg / Essen
- 2011-2013 General Counsel, LEG Immobilien AG, Düsseldorf
- 2013-2016 General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, VONOVIA SE, Bochum
- 2017-2018 Attorney-at-Law, Aulinger, Essen
- Since 2019 Attorney-at-Law (of Counsel) with ARQIS Rechtsanwälte
- Thomas Görgemanns was in charge of two IPOs, several public takeovers and other large transactions which were covered by the general media as well as legal media.
- With respect to his work in the public takeover of the MDAX-listed GAGFAH group by the DAX-listed VONOVIA, Thomas Görgemann and his team in 2015 were nominated for the award as “inhouse team for M&A” by the JUVE magazine, Germany’s leading specialist publisher of independently researched information on the German legal market for lawyers.
Thomas Görgemanns published expert papers on M&A and antitrust law subjects in the periodicals “M&A Review”, “The International Lawyer” as well as other legal journals. His doctorate thesis dealt with small and medium-sized companies in the context of German antitrust laws.