- Studies at Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
- 1999 – 2002 Inhouse lawyer at Kirch group, Munich
- 2002 – 2012 Ashurst, Frankfurt and Munich
- 2012 – 2014 Watson Farley & Williams, Bangkok (head of German Desk South East Asia) and Munich
- Since 2015 Partner with ARQIS
Recommendations and Awards
„IP Star for Transactions“ (Managing IP 2022).
Awarded as “Best Lawyer 2023” (Intellectual Property Law, Conflict Resolution, Licensing Law) by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt and mentioned as recommended lawyer for Litigation/Dispute Resolution (IP/Commercial) by Legal500.
Marcus Nothhelfer regularly publishes expert papers on intellectual property, commercial and competition law in books and highly regarded law journals, e.g.:
• “Setting up a company with majority or 100 per cent foreign participation in Thailand”, contribution as a co-author for the ”Doing Business in Thailand” section of the German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC) Handbook & Directory 2014
• “Genuine only from Paula with the glasses?” (“Nur echt von Paula mit der Brille?”), Deutscher AnwaltSpiegel, issue no 17/2012, on recent case law concerning Design Right protection in Europe and Germany, August 2012