- Studies at Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich and Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg
- 2000 – 2005 Haarmann, Hemmelrath & Partner
- Since 2006 Partner with ARQIS (Founding Partner)
Recommendations and Awards
Leading Lawyer for Japan related M&A and Corporate Law according to Chambers, JUVE Handbook, azur and Legal500.
Quotes from editors, clients and competitors in these publications:
- “very committed, industrious and goal-oriented lawyer”
- “well networked in Japan”
- “very experienced in transactions and pragmatic”
- “an authority” and “unbeatable” in Japan business
- “formative personality of the German-Japanese legal advisor scene”
- “stands out for his suggestions on negotiation strategies”
- “distinguished for its proven track record in advising blue-chips”
“M&A Law Specialist of the Year” (Acquisition International 2017)
WirtschaftsWoche portrayed Dr. Shigeo Yamaguchi’s career in 2020.
The legal career magazine azur reported on Dr. Shigeo Yamaguchi’s Japan Desk in 2013.
- Dr. Shigeo Yamaguchi regularly publishes expert papers on M&A and corporate law in books and highly regarded law journals. The arcticles often deal with German-Japanese business, e.g. his publication “Defense measures for listed companies against hostile take-overs in Germany and Japan“ (“Abwehrmaßnahmen börsennotierter Aktiengesellschaften gegen feindliche Übernahmeangebote in Deutschland und Japan”), Carl Heymanns Verlag, 2005