- Studies at University of Cologne (Law, Japanese Studies, Chinese Studies and Philosophy), Keio University (Tokyo), National Taiwan University
- 2007 – 2009 Research at the German Institute of Japanese Studies and Chuo University in Tokyo (JSPS Fellowship)
- Legal training in Cologne and Tokyo
- 2012 – 2013 Attorney-at-Law at Jones Day
- 2013 Doctorate at Philipps University Marburg
- 2014 – 2015 Attorney-at-Law at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek
- Since 2015 with ARQIS
- Dr. Deniz Günal regularly publishes expert papers on Corporate and Commercial Law in highly regarded law journals. The papers often deal with the German and Japanese business.