The ARQIS TRADE AND PROTECT Legal Newsletter IP/IT/Commercial presents current topics in legislation and case-law in the fields of intellectual property law, IT law, e-commerce and general commercial law.
The current edition brings contributions on the following topics:
- The decision of the German Federal Cartel Office in the case of ASICS Germany: restrictions on distributors from using internet platforms as a sales channel are merely admissible within narrow limits
- E-Commerce: new guidelines from the German Federal Court of Justice on the liability of website operators for hyperlinks
- The European Court of Justice in the trademark case “El Corte Inglés” vs. “The English Cut” – protection of existing trademarks against infringements based on translated trademarks having the same meaning
- The trademark case of “Shoe Branding Europe BVBA” – no trademark protection for simple geometric figures on clothing
- The trademark case of “Compagnie des fromages & Richesmonts” – no distinctiveness of simple red-white check pattern
- The issue of “digital Inheritance”: heritability of the access to a Facebook-account
You may download the complete newsletter » here «.