The German Unfair Competition Act (Gesetz gegen unlauteren Wettbewerb) and the related case law, partly similar to the English law of passing-off, provide an elaborated legal framework, in particular for advertising and marketing measures. In addition, the Act also provides protection against copies and imitations for matters that cannot be protected through classic intellectual property rights. Also, in case of attacks against the corporate know how, in particular against the valuable business and company secrets, e.g. attacks from employees leaving a company, the German unfair competition law offers effective rules for protection and defense.
ARQIS supports its clients in particular in the following fields:
- protection of products and product plans against copies and imitations
- advice for the legally secure design and planning of advertising and marketing measures
- defense of advertising and marketing measures against legal attacks from third parties
- legal action against unfair advertising and marketing measures
- Protection of company and business know how e.g. against competitors or former employees.